What a name!
I've really been in a baking frenzy these days and since renting DVDs whereby one was Nigella's, i saw this recipe and i thought that fish would really love it. and he does. so you should try it!
It is so so chocolately!
*Recipe adapted from Nigella's website.
125g dark chocolate (i used dark chocolate i got from Ikea)
30g cocoa, sieved
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
125g soft butter
75g light brown sugar
50g white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg, cold from the fridge
350g (2 bags) semi-sweet chocolate morsels or dark chocolate chips
(i really didn't use that much, i only used 250gm and it was more than enough for me)
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas mark 3. Melt the 125g dark chocolate either in the microwave or in a heatproof dish over a pan of simmering water.
- Put the flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugars in another bowl. Add the melted chocolate and mix together.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and cold egg, and then mix in the dry ingredients. Finally stir in the chocolate morsels or chips.
- Scoop out equal-sized mounds using an ice cream scoop and place on a lined baking sheet about 6cm apart. Do not flatten them.
- Cook for 18 minutes.
- They will be very soft when hot, so leave to cool slightly on the baking sheet for 4-5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to harden as they cool.
Nigella meant for this to make 12 big cookies, but i think my ice cream scoop wasn't quite as large, so i made 21 cookies, that were big enough for me!
It was very delicious and fish loved it!
Yum Yum Yum!