Keeping track!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, August 01, 2010

Something Different…

Hello!

I know it has been some time since i last blogged. I realised that i don’t blog as much when i’m in Singapore. but i do want to record my memories, so i’ll try harder.

So. Just a quick update. (After typing this all.. it’s actually not a quick one. hehe)

I’ve started work at StarHub – in their call centre. and i’ve been through the first week of training. I’ve made great friends and i’ve so far – enjoyed myself.

One of my trainers – Luke – has a vegetarian food blog where he blogs about vegetarian eateries and his opinion on them. So it is quite cool since i’ve been to some of those places when i was a vegetarian a few years back!

On another note,

I’ve been listening to the same album for the last 2-3 weeks. i really do like it a lot.

The singer is Darius Rucker and he’s a black country singer. Awesome….

The album i’m listening to right now is ‘Learn to Live’ and i love love every single song on the album.

I listen to it every morning during my journey from home to work. and i think it puts me in a good mood. It’s upbeat and every song tells a story and some touches your heart. The lyrics are quite well written and he doesn’t sing about irrelevant issues. He sings of love, death… real issues that real people face. I like that. and i find it heartening to find such a singer in the current music industry.

I love all the songs – but there are some favourites..

1. History in the Making – Such a sweet song.. awfully fit for a wedding, anniversary.

“This could be one of those memories
We wanna hold on to
We wanna cling to 
The one we can’t forget

Baby this could be our last first kiss
The dawn to forever
What if this was that moment?
A chance worth taking”

2. Alright – telling yourself that everything is alright, all you need is to look at the little things around you. =)

“Cause i’ve got a roof over my head
the woman i love laying in my bed
And it’s alright, alright

I’ve got shoes under my feet
Forever in her eyes staring back at me
And it’s alright, alright

I’ve got all i need
And it’s alright by me”

3. It won’t be like this for long – this is a song that would touch a parent’s heart. A song that carries you through the tantrums and the frustration of a growing child.

“It won’t be like this for long
One day soon you’ll drop her off and she won’t even know you’re gone
This phrase is gonna fly by, if you can just hold on,
It won’t be like this for long.

He lays done there beside her
and just watching her it breaks his heart
cause he already knows,
It won’t be like this for long
One day soon that little girl is gonna be all grown up and gone
and this phrase is gonna fly by
so he’s trying to hold on
It won’t be like this for long…”

4. If I had wings – This has to be my favourite favourite song. The message is so strong.

”Why do we hate?
Why do we suffer?
Why do we make our mistakes and constantly blame one another?
Why is there war?
And why is there killing?
Have we forgotten some secret we knew back when we were just children?

If i had wings, i’d fly up to heaven
I’d look down from the clouds
On everything
Then i could find
All the things we’ve been missing
I would have all the answers
If i had wings”

5. While i still got the time – A song reminding you to cherish all you have in the short time we have.

“39 candles burnt out on a cake
Each representin’ a million mistakes
The last one still burns, there’s a wish I can make
This time I’m getting’ it right
So I close my eyes and I take a deep breath
And I promise myself in the time I have left

I’m gonna work like I don’t need the money
I’m gonna laugh like I’m not afraid to cry
I’m gonna dance like nobody’s watchin’
I’m gonna love while I still got the time”

I’ve named some of my favourites – i could list them all –  i really really do like them all. Enough for me to share the album with you guys!

I’ll be back with more pictures of food! Quiches and food that i’ve eaten since my return!

Oh. and along the lines of being random. I’ve just painted my nails a beautiful dark blue after wearing China Glaze’s Four Leaf Clover for 2 weeks. I just bought it for $3 @ The Face Shop and the colour’s beautiful but the formula is bad bad bad. hehe. just being random =)

Oooo.. and i bought a new book today. Heard 2 aunties talking about it and saying that it’s quite a good recipe book. So i got it since i want try making swiss rolls.

P1010851
It comes with 2 DVDs as well. So i hope to learn loads from it.

Since i’ve drifted to the topic of books. I’ve just bought 2 books from the bookdepositoryUK. One is ‘The book thief” and the other is “The Story of English”. Reading “The Book Thief”.

Oh. and Fish is going to back to Australia tml and i’ll be all alone till November. I’m so so sad. I’ll miss him loads and i sure can’t wait till we can be back in Australia together again!

Ok. i think this has gone on long enough. hehe.

See ya soon! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment