Keeping track!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mastering the Art of French Cooking!

DSC00508

I am so excited. Just received my Mastering the Art of French Cooking in the mail today. There is still volume 2 and ‘my life in France’ that is still on their way. But i am so excited.

This is the kind of cookbook that i like. detailed.. wordy.. and practical – since it was meant for the ‘servantless American cook’.

I just read word for word, all the introductions and meanings of words etc.. and a few soup recipes. and i’m loving it.

Julia’s recipe for Cream of Mushroom.. seems amazing.. better than the recipe i have. I am so so so going to try that.

There’s nearly 700+ pages in this book.

I am definitely intrigued to try the recipes, although, after watching Julie & Julia, i know there will definitely be some that i would not try.

There must be a word for the fear of bones. I cringe when i see bones on chicken etc.. That’s why i don’t eat chicken wings etc.. I’m just not the kind you will find sucking on a bone.

So, there will definitely be recipes that i would not attempt. Although, if the temptation is strong enough, one never knows… haha..

Well.. just wanted to put this post up to share my excitement and hopefully i’ll be cooking loads during the summer holidays from this cookbook.

Until then.. “small helpings, no seconds, no snacking, and a little bit of everything.”

No comments:

Post a Comment