Keeping track!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, January 16, 2009

Passport

I submitted an online application for a new passport 2 days ago on the 14th Jan. Guess what? I received an email this morning stating that my passport application is successful and i can collect it on 19th. You are even able to make an appointment online to ensure that you don’t have to wait too long to receive your passport.

This is what i like about Singapore. Our efficiency. The website writes that they require a minimum of 3 days but ours only took 2 – maybe it’s not the peak period now – but still, i can’t stand it when i send an email and i don’t receive a reply the next day. I think customer service should be prompt and efficient.

Australia really really lacks this area. I once sent an email to the gas and electricity company and the first let down was that they stated that they would take 5 working days to get back to me – that is essentially A WEEK!

So, i sent the email on the 5th Nov – Guess when i received a reply? 21st Nov!

That was way way way way way way way too long. They also take forever to send bills. So i’m not paying for those that they have not sent me since i have already left the apartment. I know their geographical area is huge but it’s not like they are the only company servicing the whole country. It’s a free country, they have so many competitors. If they are unable to provide proper service, then i don’t think they should be taking care of a few states at a time.

That’s why i still like Singapore cause i’m so used to the fast paced lifestyle. I love communicating through email – i hate phone calls though.

Hai.

Back to the original topic. So, i made an appointment to collect our( me and hui) passport on the 19th (Mon) at 10am. After which we might need to go down to the Australian embassy to transfer our visas. Since the implementation of the new biometric passports means that we now have an extra number to remember. I really like it when our IC and passport numbers are the same. Easy and convenient to remember.

Wee!

No comments:

Post a Comment