Keeping track!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Chicken Teriyaki – Totally Homemade.

A few days ago (as it always is), i decided to make Chicken Teriyaki from scratch.

I realised how easy easy it was. And how much healthier it is and will be.

DSC01388

I cooked it in a Korean Pot. It doesn’t look like your typical teriyaki chicken nor will it have the same texture. The ingredients in a bottle of teriyaki sauce outnumbers the ingredients i used for mine and doesn’t have additives, preservatives etc.

However, i must say that i didn’t do it exactly correctly. You’re suppose to grill while continually basting it in the sauce. I just grilled and chicken and cooked it in the sauce. I will try the other method though and report back. =)

Homemade Teriyaki Sauce (Taken from “The Japanese Kitchen)

DSC01366

1/2 cup Mirin
1/4 cup Sake
1/4 cup Shoyu (soy sauce)
2 tbsp Sugar

Just cook all together. I added ginger and garlic to this mixture as well. You can also add more sake or more sugar depending on what you like.

Chicken

Your choice as to how long you want to marinate the chicken. I marinated the chicken pieces for around 24hrs in the teriyaki sauce above.

I then grilled the chicken – i realised that i should have basted the chicken as well – it slipped my mind.

DSC01372 
We ate dinner with just some green veggies and Japanese rice. And, the mushrooms that i blogged previously, just simply fried with garlic, soy sauce and sake.

DSC01383 
I wouldn’t recommend making the chicken the way i made it – i think because of the long long cooking time, the chicken became quite tough.

I will try the correct method and let you guys know if it turned out better. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment